Without a hitch

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Too busy to pose for pictures!

Yesterday marked Katie and Timmy's first day of daycare, and Tim's first day in daycare ever. He was off, busy playing, the second his coat was hung up. I knew he'd be a little sad after I left. Except he wasn't. Katie was so busy playing that she refused to even submit to a "first day" photo. When I returned, two hours later, they were gushed over and I was assured my children were SO sweet. Timmy saw me, came over to hug me and then ran away. His new teacher giggled and explained, "Oh, he wants to show you his goldfish!" And indeed she was right. My little snack monster had gone back to the snack table, grabbed a handful of goldfish, and ran back to show me exlaiming, " Mum, mum, mum" the whole way back. He held them up to me, showed his charming smile and gobbled them down. Monday he will have the first go at napping at daycare. That's my biggest concern.

I wish I could say the rest of the day went so well, but shortly after coming home from her district pre-school, Katie proceeded to yack all over my kitchen table and floor. Through 1am she couldn't keep even a sip of pedialyte down. Katie is not always the most verbally descriptive child, but my God, when she came into me every 10 minutes because she was "so thirsty and could NOT keep her mind off of her juice," it was one of the hardest things I've had to do as a parent. The pediatrician told us to switch our tactics and provide nothing at all to drink until she hadn't been sick for 4 hours. It was a long night. Thankfully, she's feeling better today.

I'm also participating in Saturday Snapshots, hosted by Twinfatuation.


Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma January 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

I noticed your tweets. As daycare provider for two grandkids under 3, I got their virus. And it's lasting for-freaking-ever. Head and throat, not stomach, but still.... I hope you get to stay healthy!

Marinka January 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Oh no! Take care of yourself! I'm keeping track by twitter. xo

Cheryl Lage January 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

BLess you all's hearts! That is the HARDEST! Our She-Twin dehydrates on a dime and we ALWAYS have to wait on even water for at least 4 hours post-vomit...or offer a teaspoon every 15 minutes to prevent the dehydrate. Ooof. You have my sympathy, empathy and prayers. Hope all feel better soon.

Call Me Cate January 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

Aww, poor sick kiddo. Too much fun? Glad the little guy had a good time though. Thanks for playing 6WS!

Crochet Bug January 31, 2010 at 2:21 AM  

Wow he's gotten so big Julie! He's so handsome. Poor Katie! I'm glad she is feeling better!

debi9kids February 2, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

So glad it went so well! Timmy looks adorable (PLEASE make sure he wears his awesome pirate shirt when you see us! Where did you get one and do you think they have it in size 2T for Will?????)

Good luck tomorrow!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP