Friday, May 1, 2009
2) Make sure, after your plane ride to Florida, if everyone points to your baby and says "Oh, THAT'S the little guy who was making so much noise," that you tell them that he actually cut his second tooth while on the plane and that if they had a new tooth cut through their gums they'd have been screaming too.
3) Try not to hyperventilate when it's time for your much aniticipated Mary Poppins breakfast at the Grand Floridian and you realize your camera is lost and you think you left it on the monorail....or to further hyperventilate when you have to pay $20 for a 39 exposure disposable camera.
4) Before you make your family wait for an hour at the transportation center lost and found (not to mention spending $20 on the disposable camera that wasn't even digital) you might want to retrace your actual steps and revisit all places you could have left your camera...like the desk where you checked in for your family pictures AT the Grand Floridian....OR you might want to just leave your cell phone on so that when they call you right away to tell you it was left, you can actually go get it right away instead of living through all of the above AND having to go all the way back there in later in the day to get your camera.
5) Don't expect children to actually sleep when you go back to the hotel for an afternoon rest.
6) Try not to lose it when you find out it is now $50 to replace your lost Tables in Wonderland card instead of the $35 it was supposed to be (according to when you purchased it less than a year ago.)
7) Don't panic if a lion steals your baby and doesn't want to give him back.
8) Don't force your husband to see more than 1 parade.
9) Fully expect your 3 year old to cease acknowledging you exist once another family member joins you (we learned this one last year when Aunt Candi and Uncle Pete joined us - thank goodness we were prepared for when Grammi joined us this year...oh wait - that's right, that's WHY we begged her to come)
10) Know that Chef Mickey's is NOT all it's cracked up to be...the other character meals are far less rushed.
11) Check pirate hats that you've bought before you leave the store so that you aren't suprised later that they added "Captain" before the child's name.....but spelled it "Captian"...TWICE.
12) Don't let your mom convince you to try out for American Idol (the Hollywood Studios version) unless you've had time to prepare!!!
13) Try not to yell too much at your daughter if she tries to hide everytime you want to take a picture...she'll smile when the characters are there ( and if you're really lucky she'll have her finger in her nose for most of them, too)
14) and finally, realize that the Princess lunch in Epcot is so much fun that even though she isn't expected or invited, Aunt Flo may crash the party!